Monday, April 18, 2011

Does Ted Nugent Have a Derby Favorite?

Don't have a Derby horse? Neither does Ted Nugent.

Well, truthfully, I don't know if he does or if he doesn't. The Nuge was here on Saturday to perform a concert at Lone Star Park after the races and, being the intrepid blogger that I am, I had a stranglehold of desire to interview him. If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that Post Parade knows no bounds when it comes to scoring the big interview! And, let's face it, everybody 3 people want to know, especially after the recent drubbings of favorites Uncle Mo and The Factor in The Wood and the AR Derby, respectively, who's on Ted Nugent's Derby Watch?

Sadly, there was no interview opportunity for me after the races. I just got to hang around with a bunch of my peers, a.k.a, paunchy middle-aged people who saw Ted Nugent in 1976 back when they were in high school. However, if I had had the chance to actually speak with Mr. Nugent, I was completely prepared to ask some very hard-hitting and highly informative questions, such as,

    1. Who do you like for the Kentucky Derby?

    2. Interestingly enough, I see that you played the role of "Skunk" in the movie, Beer for My Horses, with country music superstar, Toby Keith. And of course, not only is Toby Keith talented and/or hot, but he owned the undefeated Cactus Ridge. Can you share with my readers your experiences or aspirations with Thoroughbred horse racing [that doesn't involve a gun]?

    3. Your 1981 hit, The Flying Lip Lock, reached position 36 on Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks. Would you agree that "The Flying Lip Lock" is a good name for a race horse?


So, at this writing, does Uncle Ted like Uncle Mo? Unknown. And frankly, as we rapidly approach the Kentucky Derby, I'm not so sure who I even like. I'll probably be contemplating my Derby selections over morning coffee on May 7th. Oh, and as good fortune would have it, Ted Nugent even has his own brand of coffee, Nuge Java,
"My life of rock-n-roll and hunting is a stimulating adventure every day. There is nothing average about my days, including my morning joe. Nuge Java prepares me for an amazing American Dream every morning. It's Spiritual Rocketfuel!" says Uncle Ted about his coffee.

Sounds good. Pour me a cup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nuge Java tastes like cow poo. Seriously awful.