Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Exciting News

While many of you are busy celebrating wedded bliss and/or your Pyro-My Pal Charlie-Yankee Bravo winning trifecta, I’d like to take a moment to share my own little blurb of excitement. After many, many, many months of toiling away at the computer, writing prolific and insightful drivel about horse racing, and consuming unknown quantities of liquid refreshments, all in the effort to entertain a reader or two, I will be having an article published in a real-live-delivered-to-your-mailbox magazine.


Texas Thoroughbred magazine's editor asked me to write a guest commentary for their upcoming issue. Granted, the publication isn't at most 7-11s, but it’s a great thrill for me.

Anyway, it’s my delight to share Amateur Hour at the Track (pdf warning), which is currently being previewed on the Texas Thoroughbred Association website.

My sincere thanks to editor Denis Blake for providing me this wonderful opportunity, not to mention, taking the time to read this blog.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, congrats! I'll be sure to pimp the article to all my Tejas fellows. ^-^

Patrick J Patten said...

That's absolutely awesome. Way to go!!!! You should be super proud.

Superfecta said...

Good for you! I used to work in the magazine world and know how it always seems that there is either not enough lead time or too long until the pubdate for anything.

Teresa said...

Congratulations! Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Sue - What a fab article! Congrats on publication, and please, if you ever find out about that annoying "pace" thing, please share!

Valerie Grash said...

Fantastic, Sue! Love the article.

suebroux said...

Your cheers are greatly appreciated - thank you. And a special note of thanks goes out to José, the bartender at La Hacienda Ranch, who serves the best celebratory frozen margaritas.

John said...

So that's what you look like.

I have been wondering for over two years now.

Congrats on your induction into the mainstream press!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sue!! You have your foot in the door now you need a press pass!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! way to go!! have been following you for a while now and thats how got myself a job at http://www.winningponies.com/

The picks here are just bang on target, need to have people to try for free, Any tips??