Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Decorating

Yesterday, I finally finished putting up all of our Christmas decorations. Well, almost. There's still a moderate junk-pile of Santas/reindeer/angels/snowmen heaped on the TV cabinet but they are well hidden from view, obscured by the TV remote/DVD remote/VCR remote/Cable Box remote/Wii remotes.

Anyway, the point to this holiday anecdote is our family's new Christmas ornament. Every year we purchase at least one new tree ornament, usually from a vacation destination, i.e., DisneyWorld, or to commemorate some wonderful life altering event, like adding a child or a guinea pig to the family. This year, adorning our tree, is our first ornament prominently featuring horse racing: Oaklwan Park. And I have lovingly given it a place of honor on the tree - next to Troy Aikman.



Interestingly enough, my husband does not agree that being next to Troy Aikman is an the place of honor; that would belong to Seven of Nine.

3 comments:

John said...

Merry Xmas to you the the Post Parade family. The Oaklawn ornament is nice but it pales next to my gold 125th Ky Derby ornanment. Which, of course, celebrates the triumph of my beloved Charismatic. I owed him the few bucks the golden globe cost me. You know the feeling DEAR !!

The_Knight_Sky said...

Well well.
Happy Holidays to Jeri Ryan.

Now if I could only score 'Seven of Nines' at the racetrack in the New Year. :P

Brian Appleton said...

I love it, what a great combo, Star Trek and Horse Racing!!! :)