Monday, July 18, 2011

Visionary Turf Writers

Lately, I've had a number of people ask me, "Do you know what's up with Gary West?"

Well, aside from traveling and selling his plasma, he's keeping his options open. And, oddly enough, through the cosmic ability of psychic dreams and spiritual metaphysics, I may have had a glimpse into the realm of Gary West's options.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a most vivid and somewhat befuddling dream. In my dream, Gary West walked away from horse racing to embrace an eccentric Bohemian lifestyle selling pottery. And in my dream, he looked a lot like Mr. Sikowitz.

Who is Mr. Sikowitz, you ask? Mr. Sikowitz is the eccentric Bohemian acting teacher on Nickelodeon's "tween" sitcom, Victorious.




Interestingly enough, as I was intensely researching the meaning of my psychic dream (read: googling images of Sikowitz so I could photoshop Gary West's head on it), I discovered a fact of mystic proportions: The actor who portrays Mr. Sikowitz also portrayed Andy Beyer in the film Secretariat.


Coincidence? Visionary? Psychic phenomenon? The truth is out there ... in coconut milk.

3 comments:

The_Knight_Sky said...

I had been meaning to write an e-mail note to Gary West as I was wondering if he will continue a personal (horse racing?) blog in the interim.

This might be a good opportunity for him to ease into the area of facebook and/or Twitter. The latter has plenty of horse racing professionals participating and the banter is never dull.

If you can, please relay my best wishes to Gary West and I do look forward to his return.

Brock Sheridan said...

If West were to leave racing and pursue another field, it would be a terrible loss for the industry indeed.

We can only hope that he takes the advice of The Knight Sky and begins a blog so we can again enjoy his writing and tales.

Anonymous said...

How much is he asking for the Plasma?