Thursday, January 11, 2007

Horse Racing Comes to Mind When Packing a Barbie Lunchbox

This morning was a morning just like every other morning in this household: A flurry of activity between brushing hair, making lunches, locating missing shoes, and hollering, "Get down here and eat your breakfast or you'll be late for school, Little Missy Cupcake!". But somehow, in the usual morning mania, my pre-schooler, Alice, opted to work in a little quality Mommy-n-Me time:

Alice: Hey, Mommy. Can I tell you a joke?
Me: Oh, sure.
Alice: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
Alice: Bird
Me: Bird who?
Alice: Bird go tweet-tweet and then he go fly up in the sky and poop on your car. (giggle-giggle-titter-giggle)

I gave the consolatory ha-ha and proceeded to educate my daughter in the delivery of Knock Knock jokes. "Sure, Bird go tweet-tweet and then he go fly up in the sky and poop on your car can be funny but the punch line is supposed to be something catchy. Something like ..." and I said the first thing that popped into my head, "Birdbirdistheword."

Birdbirdistheword, winner of the $1,000,000,000,000 Delta Jackpot at Delta Downs, which is located "somewhere in Louisiana", is on the road to the Kentucky Derby. And fellow blogger, great friend and YouTube stockholder, John of The Race is Not to the Swift, is following this colt in his bid to be the next Triple Crown winner. Be sure to visit the Birdbirdblog.

Future Book Odds are currently at 18-1.

3 comments:

John said...

Thanks Sue

Wouldn't you say that Barbie is a miniature plastinate?

Joe Danaher said...

Hey Sue, you have to cultivate those young comedic minds so here are a few that you might try out next time, plus a few that involve some time and math concepts to sneak in that teaching time!

I bet on a great horse yesterday! It took seven horses to beat him.

The horse I bet on was so slow, the jockey kept a diary of the trip.

My horse was so late getting home, he tiptoed into the stable.

What is one of the hardest times to win a horse race? 12:31, because it is 29 to 1.

suebroux said...

Great horse jokes!

Reminded me of this other little ditty I read somewhere back:

There was a famous jockey that never lost a race. When asked how he achieved this, he replied, "I whisper in the horse's ear: Roses are red, violets are blue. Horses that lose are made into glue."